Tuesday, August 5, 2014

J.Crew Realizes Love For Cece {it's coming back!}

As mentioned in the "J.Crew Dumps Cece for Emma!" post, J.Crew dropped the Cece Ballet Flat from their line. As mentioned in that post, as well as in the "J.Crew Listens To Customer To Bring Back A Favorite" post, I was disappointed by that decision. (It's was a stupid move, IMHO.)
 
"Thanks!" to jnmullings (in this post), who let us know that J.Crew plans on bringing back the Cece Ballet Flats:
This is what my VPS told me earlier today: 

"We’re such a feedback-based company, and love to hear where we’re spot on and missing the mark. I have some great news for you—we’re bringing back the Cece Flats! I don’t have specifics on when they’ll debut quite yet, but they’ll be coming back for fall and will be online only. ...we’re bringing back the Cece’s due to all of the feedback we received,... " 

I'm super pleased to hear J.Crew is bringing the Cece back. The Emma just didn't work for me. I told my VPS that the difference between Ceces and Emmas is like the difference between cashmere and polyester. Can't wait to see what the colours will be. Speaking of cashmere...there are no cashmere tippi's on the website, which is very odd!
Huzzah, this is wonderful news indeed! I am thrilled to see the Cece Ballet Flats will be back at J.Crew. Especially since I did not care for the Emma Ballet Flats at all. Not. At. All.

Although, it is interesting that J.Crew is offering them online only. It is probably to gauge interest in the item. Which is a smart move. I have no doubt they will sell well too. (Although I would like it if they sold them in stores too, so I could see before buying. But I will take, what I can get!)

Are you excited about Cece's return to J.Crew? Did you think J.Crew was going to bring them back? Are there any other items you like to return to J.Crew?

18 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing news!! I am so excited. :) I love my Ceces. I have them in four colors and would gladly purchase more.

    xo Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to read this - I have 3 pairs of Ceces & 2 pairs of the Factory Anyas. They're the best flats! Can't wait to see what the color options will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear J. Crew changed its mind on canceling the Ceces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the Cece flats! And yes, what's up with no cashmere Tippi's? It's my favorite sweater from J.Crew. I've been on the hunt for a black one. I'm hoping they will be available this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear this - I have 3 Ceces and 2 Factory Anyas as well, and I just got a pair of gold Ceces on popback this morning. I'm addicted! The design of the Ceces is brilliant, with the hidden heel that also allows for some padding. The Emma can't compare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy with this news I just tweeted J.Crew thanking them! So happy I no longer have to hunt for Ceces on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is it that you all like about the Ceci flats? And how is the sizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only speak for myself but I like them because a) the leather is like butter, they mold to your foot, b) rubber sole is super-stable but not at all tacky somehow, c) there's a hidden wedge in the heel so there's more support for your foot & the insole is really cushiony. Plus they hold up extremely well - I have worn my pink ones to death & they look great.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Taylor on all points! Also, they have a variety of colors and are available in suede. In addition to all of these things probably my favorite thing about them is that they are so "clean" looking: no bows, logos, or bling!

      Delete
    3. Yes, Lauren - I like that about them too. Sometimes I just want an un-embellished (is that a word?) flat & these are perfect in that respect. Also - maryeb to address your sizing question, they're true-to-size. I know a lot of my J Crew shoes, especially heels, I have to order a half-size up from my normal shoe size but these I take in my "normal" size for flats.

      Delete
  8. Yay!! Agreed, the Emmas are not comfortable and do not fit my foot. I went to Cole Haan to get my last ballet flats because J.Crew let me down. I have an old pair of Ceces that need replacing, so this is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy they are bringing the Cece flat back! I tried the Emma flats on three different occasions and they were awful. I even purchased a pair and ended up selling them on the popular auction site due to how painful they were. I will definitely buy the Cece's when they return if the comfort and quality is the same as previously offered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Cece's! I purchased several pairs last fall on super sale and was extra vigilant to get what I could since they were phasing them out. Super comfortable, with a solid sole, and mold-to-your feet leather. Much better than cheaper, and flimsier, brands. I am hoping for some great suede ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad Cece's on the way back. Any insider whispers on whether the patent Italian made Viv's are going to be discontinued and replaced by the "import" Harper? Is there a pattern here? Italian made Cece's replaced by "import" Emma last year? JCrew searching for cheaper manufacturing for their shoes outside the Eurozone? It will be interesting to see where the "new" Cece is manufactured and how they compare to the Italian original line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked to an online CS representative last week about whether the Vivs were being phased out since all the colors (including Black) were marked down to a .99 price. She said she thought they were, but . . . there is a new color Viv at full price (Manchester Grey) that recently showed up on the website. I won't be ordering these since I already have a grey pair, but hopefully it's the same Viv quality. Maybe the Harper is an experiment? That J.Crew, always giving us some mystery to solve ;-)

      Delete
  12. Fantastic news! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish they would bring back the Classic Ballet Flats or lower the vamp on the Kiki flats. The Kiki's look beautiful until you try them on, which makes my foot look short, stumpy, and matronly.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)